Longstay travel insurance
Get an instant quote
Policy Type:
Policy For:
feefo feedback

Do you have questions
or seek more info?

Visit Insurance FAQ


Long stay travel insurance

If you are planning to spend an extended period abroad perhaps to work or just to travel before or after going to University then you will need to take out a specific travel insurance which covers you for extended periods abroad as opposed to annual multi trip policy which only covers you for durations



Our approach has always been to offer the traveller the choice when it comes to long term travel insurance. Following a simple quote stage where we determine your needs, the policy options are laid out on screen in such a way that you can easily see what is covered and more importantly whats not covered under each policy.

Customers who are interested in the most cost effective options have the ability to further reduce the policy prices by removing elements such as baggage and cancellation cover and increasing the excesses.


It's difficult to plan for an extended period abroad so if you need to extend your trip or add any extra cover or activities, we don't charge any admin fees



Comprehensive long stay, gap year travel insurance covers the policyholder for insurable events that may occur before or during travel, such as trip cancellation/interruption, medical expenses for injury or illness, theft of valuables, baggage damage and more. The cost of travel insurance is based on the type of cover requested, the age of the insured, the destination of travel, the length of stay, type of activities covered and whether you have any pre-existing medical conditions. We have a wide range of available travel insurance policies available to suit all needs.


If you are planning to return to the UK during your trip and then continue abroad then make sure you have this extra risk covered





What about the EHIC, Isn't that enough?

The European Health Insurance Card or EHIC is designed to ensure that you will receive free or reduced cost emergency medical treatment in any of the EU member countries - plus Switzerland - and is available for those aged 16 and over free of charge.

It is important to remember that the EHIC is for emergency hospital visits only and will not entitle you to any other form of treatment. It will also not cover the cost of emergency repatriation to the UK if needed and will not pay for any of the other benefits associated with a travel insurance policy including baggage, cancellation, personal liability cover, etc. To find out more about the European Health Insurance Card, please click here.


Did you know?

The UK Government is suing some EU states for refusing to honour UK residents EHIC Cards. Travellers are forced to use cash points in Hospitals abroad to pay for emergency care upfront and told to reclaim from the NHS upon return




Long stay travel insurance cover is available for:

Individuals, Couples of either sex who reside at the same address

Durations between 31 days and 24 months

Cover for trips in the United Kingdom, Europe, Worldwide including Australia, United States & Canada

Cover for travellers aged up to 84

A wide range of sporting activities including skiing, diving, bungee jumping

Travellers with pre-existing medical conditions including standard cover for over 1000 conditions



The fine print

Medical coverage

Limits and Exclusions